Leading in Today’s World
Begin with a talk about why we need strong leadership in today’s world (more than ever).
• Includes discussion on the following traits: Loyal, Educated, adaptable, Determined, Enthusiastic, Reliable, Selfless, Tough, Empathetic, Assertive, Courageous and Honorable. (There is a wealth of information I will cover within each topic like integrity, trust, and goal setting) This is one of my most popular courses. *This covers leadership in all service-based organizations.
• Mentoring and Succession Planning
• Critiquing others (How to do it right)
• Delegating (The who, what, where, when and why of delegating)
• Preventing Freelancing (no explanation needed!)
• Technical Report Writing (The danger of poorly written or inconsistent reporting)
• Tackling administrative tasks (How to create community education programs and/or SOP’s)• Dealing with subordinate Issues (Handling difficult people)
• Post Incident Analysis (why it is important)
• Leadership on the fire ground (follows leadership in the fire station)
• Building Morale (8 tips to increase morale)
Discussion on how and why we must provide exceptional service.
Deputy Chief Frank Viscuso served more than 26 years on the Kearny, NJ Fire Department. He is a columnist for Fire Engineering and Fire Rescue magazines and the author of several books, including the best-sellers Step Up and Lead, Step Up Your Teamwork, and Common Valor.
Frank is a highly sought after, internationally recognized speaker who has the ability to move people to action. Over the past decade he has spoken to hundreds of audiences in and outside the emergency service industry on many topics that include leadership, team building, officer development, and customer service. Frank travels throughout the United States and Canada providing leadership and team development training for firefighters, emergency service workers, sales teams, U.S. Armed Forces, the healthcare industry, small businesses and large corporations (including Exxon/Mobil). Frank has been chosen to be a Keynote speaker for NASA in 2019. His keynotes and seminars are designed to introduce people to the top traits associated with leadership and to equip them with the skills needed to lead, inspire, and motivate their teams.
Throughout his career in the fire service, Frank has helped develop policies and promotional exams, written more than 70 Standard Operating Guidelines, and acquired millions of dollars in grant money. He has also developed probationary firefighter and apparatus driver training programs as well as leadership and officer development workshops. In addition to his active speaking schedule, Frank works as a consultant and helps other organizations develop and establish programs and guidelines that can help their teams achieve success.