Firefighting Tactics At Apartment and Townhouse Fires - Plainfield, IL
Date: December 4, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Plainfield Fire Protection District
This session focuses on the most deadly fire in America: fires in apartment houses, or multiple dwellings (M.D.s).
The session includes :
- Introduction to the Scope of the Problem, Death and Injury Rates in M.D.s
- Construction Deficiencies Related to Fire Spread
- Fire Attack, Hoseline Selection, Placement and Water Supply
- Search and Rescue- Vent, Enter and Search (VES)
- Fires in Voids: Shafts and Cocklofts
- Flat Roof Ventilation including Trench Cuts
PM Session - Garden Apartment and Townhouse Fires
This session focuses on the more common fire in many American communities: Fires in garden apartments and townhouses. This session includes the following items common to garden apartments and townhouses:
- Introduction to the Scope of the Problem
- Death and Injury Rates in P.D.s
- Size-Up - The 13 Point Approach and Conducting the Firefighter Survival Survey
- Exposure Protection
- Construction Deficiencies-Trusses
- Fire Attack, Hose Line Selection, Placement and Water Supply
- Search and Rescue - Vent, Enter and Search (VES)Emphasis is placed on developing workable tactics that your organization can implement on the fire ground under a variety of conditions.