Introduction to Fire Investigation 40 Hour -Richland, WA
Instructor: Steve Chasteen
Date: May 11-15, 2020
Times: 8am -4:30pm
Location: Richland Police Department - Richland, WA
Hotel Recommendation: Best Western Plus Columbia River
Investment: $450 with Digital Manual or $475 with Printed Manual
This class is intended to cover the “basics” of fire investigation. It will be directed to those just getting into fire investigation. It will also serve as a “refresher” to those who may have more experience in fire investigation. This list will cover some of the topics that will be covered in this short course.
- The use of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033
- Understanding fire behavior
- Understanding flashover
- Recognizing basic fire patterns
- Recognizing the effects of ventilation
- “Reading” the fire scene and determining the area of origin
- Accidental & Incendiary Fire Causes
The student should bring along the 2017 Edition of NFPA 921 and 2014 Edition of NFPA 1033. The entire course will be presented using this reference material.This class is eligible for 40 tested hours of continuing education.