Introduction to Fire Investigation, Phase II
This class is intended to cover the “basics” of fire investigation. It will be directed to those just getting into fire investigation. It will also serve as a “refresher” to those who may have more experience in fire investigation. This list will cover some of the topics that will be covered in this short course.
- The use of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033
- Understanding fire behavior
- Understanding flashover
- Recognizing basic fire patterns
- Recognizing the effects of ventilation
- “Reading” the fire scene and determining the area of origin
- Accidental & Incendiary Fire Causes
The student should bring along the 2017 Edition of NFPA 921 and 2014 Edition of NFPA 1033. The entire course will be presented using this reference material.
Click here if you are interested in hosting this training.