Introduction to Tactical Thermal Imaging
Today’s modern fire ground places stringent demands on our firefighters. Firefighters are required to formulate our strategies and tactics at 15 times the speed as we did in the past due to the high heat release rate fuels in structure fires. These fires develop faster and are predominantly ventilation limited fires with heavy, turbulent, black smoke that reduces our visibility. Tactical Thermal Imaging enhances a firefighter’s decision-making skill set by providing thermal data. This data allows firefighters to:
- Quickly locate the location & severity of the fire
- Locate tough hidden fires via thermal cues & clues
- Identify the flow path and the fires direction of travel
- Determine the most efficient access path & prevent rapid fire development
- Enhances stream placement by placing our streams where they are needed most.
Students will learn how to apply this information by understanding the following concepts:
- Tactical 360
- Identifying Flow Path, Fire Direction of travel, and Access points
- Go/No-Go Decision Making
- Enhanced Stream Placement
- Enhanced Search Methodology
This program is delivered in an 8 hour format, with videos, discussions, and classroom demonstrations by a Level I Thermography Certified Insight Fire Training Instructor. This program is peer reviewed, internationally recognized, and credentialed through Infrared Training Centers.