Mastering Leadership Skills for New and First Line Supervisors-Abington, PA
Instructor: Steve Smith
Date: January 27-29, 2020
Location: Abington Twp. Public Safety Training Center- Abington, PA
Investment: $295 with Digital Manual or $320 with Printed Manual
This 2.5 day course utilizes best practices of first line supervisors from various walks of life to prove that leadership excellence is attainable for today’s first responders in public service willing to challenge themselves to lead others from the front.
Upon course completion, participants will:
- Understand what true leadership resembles in a real-world environment.
- Gain an understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses via the DISC personality assessment, while learning to appreciate others’ unique capabilities and growth areas.
- Recognize how different generations of Americans desire to be led in the workplace.
- Appreciate the appropriate use of power in providing first line supervision in policing.
- Assess their own roles in how they intend to inspire a shared vision within their units.
- Recognize how paradigms have both aided and thwarted change initiatives throughout time and in unexpected manners.
- Learn that the concept of time management is fine as a starting point towards organizing resources, but remains the most fluid of concepts in the ever-changing and oftentimes unpredictable world of law enforcement and criminal justice.
- Leave this course with a renewed commitment to the importance of both adhering to and providing an environment dedicated to ethical leadership of ourselves, our subordinates, the communities we serve, and of our families that support us in this, one of the most demanding and rewarding of professions we in policing knowingly refer to as “The Thin Blue Line”
If you would like to be invoiced send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org