Meeting the Requirements of NFPA® 1033
Instructor: Steve Riggs
Fire investigators have been familiar with NFPA® 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigators for many years. Today as an investigator, the question must be ask, can I assure the court, opposing counsel, and my agency or company, that I meet the requirements of NFPA® 1033, Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator, Especially in the area of the post-secondary education requirements.
During this two (day training module, the investigator will be provided with the necessary information to assure he/she meets the requirements of the NFPA® 1033 standard.
During this training module, attendees will receive necessary information to assure compliance for the pertinent you shall requirements, the sixteen (16) post-secondary education requirements as listed in section 1.3.7, an overview of job performance requirements, and proper documentation of training methods to assure compliance when ask to provide documentation.
Upon Successful Completion
Attendees will have been provided the necessary skills and knowledge to:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete various tasks involving the job performance requirements.
- The documentation to assure other interested parties, the attendee has met the post-secondary education requirements.
- The attendee will be able to demonstrate their documentation pertaining to their received education and training. How to transfer training documentation into his/her CV to assure compliance with the standard.
- Demonstrate how the investigators superiors evaluate, test, or check the investigators compliance with the standard, by those who are qualified and approved by thhe authority having jurisdiction.
- Demonstrate compliance with the listed ASTM standards referenced in the standard.
- Demonstrate a proper use of the systematic approach, and the application of the scientific method.
- A link to detailed download resource information will be supplied to each attendee, including but not limited to check sheets to ensure compliance with the standard.