Situational Awareness - Conroe, TX
This seminar is a MUST for every current or future fire officer! Knowing "when to stay"or "when to go"are the critical factors outlined in this seminar. Situational Awareness, or the lack of it, is a consistent series of factors that leads to the success or failure of an emergency incident. Touted as one of our most popular programs, this seminar is a 6-hour (full day) seminar designed to enhance your anticipative skills.
Course Competencies: In a manner deemed appropriate by the instructor, students will be able to:
* Understand how we make decisions.
* Recognize the Pre-incident Information Need. (PIN)
* Utilize alarm transmission information and on-scene reports to recognize as well as identify the challenges.
* Understand and identify building construction, occupancy, and height cues and their influence on your decision making.
* Recognize how resource and response capabilities can affect your operations.
* Assess structural involvement.
* Further recognize how the location of the fire influence tactics.
* Assess the Occupant life hazard and your decision to search, rescue and remove.
* Utilize IMS with “the radio” to enhance scene management and accountability.
* Recognize how time plays a critical role in your decision making.
This seminar is being conducted in partnership with FD Tactics.