Multiple Dwellings, Row Frames and Brownstones: Mike Terpak
Situational Awareness/Fire Ground Size-Up, or the lack of it, is a consistent series of factors that leads to the success or failure of an emergency incident. Based on the new text, Fire Ground Size-Up – 2nd. Edition, this program is 1 hour and 45-minute webinar designed to enhance your anticipative skills in one of our most challenging buildings. Identified as a low frequency, high impact incident; are you ready?
Course Competencies: In a manner deemed appropriate by the instructor, students will be able to:
* Identify Fire Ground Size-Up responsibilities for effective decision making.
* Understand and identify building construction challenges and their influence on your decision making for Row frames. Brownstones, Frame and Brick tenements and H-type Multiple Dwellings.
* Further recognize how the location of the fire influence tactics.
* Identify hose line selection, stretch and placement responsibilities.
* Understand the tools and tactics necessary for timed vent and search techniques.
* Utilize a practical approach to scene management and control.